The Talon™ 2000 — McElroy's biggest machine to date — brings a revolutionary new way to fuse large-diameter, thermoplastic pipe that is in growing demand to replace aging infrastructures and increase capacity for a variety of today's applications.
The Talon 2000 is a self-propelled vehicle with the unique ability to safely lift pipe from the ground, position it to be fused and move from joint to joint down the pipeline. It features a quick-action facer and an electric-powered indexer to accurately and safely position the heater and facer into the fusion machine.
*Available with data-enabled SIM card
- Self-loads pipe from the ground
- Self-contained, self-propelled
- Track-mounted for maneuverability
- Terrain following and pitch control to better align with pipe
- Top-loading heater and facer, no cranes necessary
- Electric-powered indexer accurately positions heater and facer
- Patented Centerline Guidance System for equal distribution of force around the joint
- Carriage converts to 1 fixed jaw with 3 movable jaws for easy tie-in and fitting fusions
- Efficient facer design removes up to 1” of pipe per side in under 8 minutes
- Wireless remote control ensures safe, efficient working environment and precise machine placement
- Built-in datalogging feature records fusion joint data and syncs with the DataLogger® Vault™ for storage and analysis*
- Remote-access, real-time troubleshooting*